AppsForHealth 2013 Keynote Speaker
PwC, Managing Partner - Healthcare
Will joined the PwC partnership in July of 2012 as Managing Partner -- Healthcare. He has spent 20 years as a strategist and consultant in New York and Toronto advising top academic centers, governments, and public companies in healthcare. He started with APM Management Consultants (later CSC Healthcare) in New York where he joined the partnership in 1997 rising to Senior Partner in 2000. He joined Capgemini in 2003 returning to Canada to build the national practice which was acquired by Accenture where Will became the Managing Partner for Health and Life Sciences and a member of the firm’s global health and life sciences leadership team. His clients include an international who’s who of leading academic centres, innovative governments, provider systems and healthcare innovators in the private sector.
Will has academic appointments at the University of Toronto as an Adjunct Professor at the Rotman School of Management (since 2008) and as an Executive Fellow in Residence at the Mowat Centre for Policy Innovation (since 2010). In 2002/3 he was a Visiting Research Fellow at Yale’s School of Management. Will is a frequent speaker and author on health policy and innovation. His recent publications and speeches can be accessed at the Mowat Centre for Policy Innovation.
Over his career Will has had several formal advisory roles within government including:
- Ontario Expert Panel on Adoption and Infertility and Co-Chair of the Working Group on Adoption, (2008-9)
- External Advisor to the Minister (Hon. Tony Clement) for the Treasury Board Strategic Review of Health Canada (2008)
- Advisor to the P.M. and Minister of Health during the 2004 First Ministers Meeting
Will has a long and distinguished career as a Board Director and Advisor. He has served on a wide variety of public and private sector enterprises from early start-ups to billion-dollar publicly traded companies. His board appointments have included:
- Board of Directors and Health Services Committee, William Osler Health System
- Board of Directors, Institute for Clinical and Evaluative Sciences (ICES)
- Board of Directors, Medseek
- Board of Directors and Treasurer, Children’s Aid Foundation
- Board of Directors, Home Capital Group and Home Trust (TSX: HCG)
Will is a graduate of University of Toronto with a B.Sc. and has an M.P.P.M. from Yale University, where he later served as Visiting Research Fellow.
Download William Falk's AppsForHealth 2013 Keynote Presentation.