AppsForHealth 2013 Judging Criteria
Guidelines for Successfully Competing:
Student teams will:
1. Research the challenge to understand the health care issue.
2. Collaborate as a team to create a solution.
3. Review the “Evaluation and Judging” section below to ensure your solution meets the judging criteria.
4. Complete a video presentation of your solution. Maximum of 10 minutes in length. Be sure to explain how your solution addresses the challenge you have selected in the video.
Please note: To participate in the student competition, you must be a registered student at a college or university for the 2012 - 2013 school year.
Your final presentation may include:
- Technical details
- Screen shots
- Mock ups and prototypes
- Static presentations
- 1.0 or beta apps
Evaluation and Judging
Solutions will be evaluated by a panel of experts from health care, technology and industry based on the following criteria:
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of the health care problem
- Must be clinically useful in the health care environment
- Must be technologically feasible
- Degree of completion
- Cohesive presentation
The Judging Process
Solutions will be judged based on the following:
- Quality of the solution - includes creativity and originality
- Quality of User Experience - includes design, visual aesthetic, and ease of use
- Potential Impact - includes the potential impact on an urgent healthcare need
- Commercial Potential - includes feasibility of distribution to target users, scalability, and potential demand
The Top 5 Teams
- Once all videos have been reviewed, the top 5 teams will be invited to present LIVE at the AppsForHealth event on May 16th, 2013
- Your LIVE presentation will be 10 minutes in length
- The same judging criteria as stated above will be used for the LIVE presentations
- View the 2012 winning presentations as an example
1st Prize - $2000.00
2nd Prize - $1000.00
3rd Prize - $500.00